HOW IS A FUTSAL FIELD DESIGNED? ITALGREEN WILL TELL YOU
A futsal field design involves several phases aimed at verifying the requirements of the land on which the field will be built, and then continuing with a real study of all the elements: from the laying of synthetic turf to drainage systems and lighting systems.
In this page we will see:
- What is a futsal field
- Which are the dimensions of a futsal field
- Futsal field design steps
- The most suitable synthetic turf for designing a futsal field
- What types of artificial turf do we recommend
What is a futsal field
Futsal is a soccer game characterized by the presence of just 5 players for each team. It was born in Uruguay in the late 20th century and, unlike traditional soccer, it is played indoors with a smaller ball. A futsal field has no walls as this sport is played with touchline boundaries.
Futsal has several advantages:
- It involves better playing skills as the matches of this sport are very technical and fast. For this reason, it is fundamental to install a high quality futsal field, in order to guarantee excellent game performances;
- It is cheaper than traditional soccer matches;
- It is safer than soccer as the absence of walls reduces the risk of collisions.
Which are the dimensions of a futsal field
As we already said, futsal is played by a smaller number of gamers and by using a smaller ball. Consequently, th futsal field too presents smaller dimensions.
Here you can find the main information:
- In international matches, the length of the field is in the range of 38–42 m, and the width is in the range of 20–25 m, while for other matches it can be 25–42 m in length and 16–25 m width;
- In general, a standard futsal field should be 40 m × 20 m;
- As this sport is played indoor, it is important to consider also the ceiling, that must be at least 4 meters;
- Finally, with regard to to the penalty area, it must be within a 6 meter radius of the goalposts.
Besides dimensions, it is fundamental to take in consideration the quality of a futsal field, as it is important to play on a turf that is able to guarantee excellent game performance.
Futsal field design steps
The first step in designing a futsal field is an inspection to verify that the ground has the appropriate characteristics to host the future playing field.
In this phase, the topographical survey is fundamental and helps to establish the possible slope of the land. The surface of the field, in fact, must be smooth and flat in order to promote the spectacle of the game and ball rolling.
After the inspection
The actual designing begins at this point and includes:
- the technical feasibility study
- the economic feasibility study with the various cost items
- the production of the futsal field design
- field constructions
- the laying of synthetic turf, which in turn includes three phases (stabilization of the soil, laying of the turf, infill and brushing)
- the installation of complementary works, such as fences, the lighting system, the equipment, the irrigation system
The most suitable synthetic turf for designing a futsal field
In the estimate of a futsal field design includes the item relating to synthetic turf because:
- it allows great playing fluidity
- it allows Ideal ball bounce and sliding
- it allows optimal foot grip and torsion during the game and training
In addition, it also has economic advantages:
- it requires little maintenance, resulting in savings in irrigation costs
- it ensures that the field can be used all year round, even after bad weather, because the drainage system under the turf avoids the accumulation of water on the surface
- it is extremely resistant to continuous treading, bad weather and UV rays
What types of artificial turf do we recommend
Green HD is the turf that we most recommend when we design a futsal field. It is a type of synthetic turf certified by many national and international sports federations, characterised by:
- very resistant smooth yarn with a high elastic memory
Alternatively, there are two other types of synthetic turfs suitable for futsal fields: DMX and Zerofill.
DMX is a synthetic grass surface made of special monofilament fibre that is extremely resistant to weakening caused by the effects of ultra-violet light and ice. It is characterised by:
- the elongated diamond shape of the fibres which ensures their immediate return to a vertical position after being trod on
- softness that protects against abrasion in the event of athletes falling or slipping
Zerofill is a type of synthetic turf that does not require stabilisation and performance infill thanks to the combination of two types of monofilament polyethylene fibres with high wear resistance. Furthermore:
- three shades of green which recreates the effect of a natural lawn
- it is characterised by an extreme softness which considerably reduces the abrasion coefficients
We follow you in every step of the futsal field design up to the turnkey delivery